A West Vancouver Memorial Library card is the best card you can have! With it you can:
- Borrow books, DVDs, CDs, magazines, Kindles, and iPads
- Download audiobooks, ebooks, online magazines and newspapers
- Use computers equipped with MS Office, Photoshop and scanners
- Participate in the Library's online community to create and share lists, reviews and ratings
- Access articles from journals, newspapers, and numerous databases
- Borrow books from other libraries
Library cards are free to everyone who lives, owns property or has a business in, or works for the District of West Vancouver. A Library card is also free to all residents of communities within InterLINK.
Library cards must be renewed every five years. Please bring photo ID and proof of address to the Account Services Desk when your card expires.
Internet Access Cards are available to anyone wanting to use public Internet stations, regardless of place of residence.
For information on visitors' cards and non-resident fees, please consult the Library's Rules and Regulations Handbook.
How to Apply
Visit the Account Services Desk in the Library. Please bring with you a piece of photo ID and proof of address. For children under the age of 12, a parent or guardian's signature is necessary.
You can also register for a card online. You'll receive a temporary library barcode number that will allow you to start using many of our online resources* and place holds on items in our Classic Catalogue. When logging in with the temporary barcode you will need to create a 4-digit PIN. Be sure to pick up your permanent card at the Account Services Desk in the Library within two weeks of registering. You will need a photo ID and proof of address.
*A permanent card is required to create a Bibliocommons account, check out Library2go ebooks or use lynda.com, RBdigital or Mango Languages.
When you register for a Library card, you are responsible for:
- Notifying the Library if your name, address, telephone number or email address changes.
- You are responsible for all materials borrowed on your card and for any charges on items that are overdue, lost, damaged or not returned to us.
Manage Your Account
Log into My WVML using your Library barcode (located on the front of your Library card) and password (the default is last four digits of your phone number).
- View library materials currently checked out and renew items
- Place holds on items and view the status of your holds
- View fees owing and pay fees online
- Change your password, email or username
- View your reading history
Managing your Library2go Ebooks
There are two ways you can manage your digital account: by logging in to My WVML, where you can see your digital checkouts and holds, search for and download ebooks from the catalogue, or by signing in to the Library2go website, also using your West Vancouver Memorial Lilbrary card.